Indiana Oath Keepers (IOK) expresses our sincere gratitude to those who have shown their support in light of the ongoing false media reports regarding our organization. Many have wondered why we have not publicly responded and our answer is quite simple; IOK is a 100% volunteer organization comprised of individuals who work full time jobs, have families and still make time to support their local communities. IOK members were shocked to hear untruths regarding our organization being reported as facts and needed to take some time to step back and assess the situation before making a statement.
Indiana Oath Keepers does not and has never sponsored, planned or funded any activities that involve riots, violence or unlawful actions. No IOK members were sent to Washington DC on January 6th nor did IOK leadership ask for volunteers to travel to Washington DC. IOK encourages the rule of law by supporting law enforcement and emergency response personnel in the lawful exercise of their duties. The individual arrested in Columbus, Indiana and was wearing an Oath Keepers (not Indiana Oath Keepers) hat in the US Capitol building on January 6th is NOT a member of Indiana Oath Keepers.
IOK leadership vets prospective members to the best of our ability and does not accept into membership any felon or any person who advocates, or has been or is a member, or associated with, any organization, formal or informal, that advocates the overthrow of the government of the United States or the violation of the Constitution thereof. No person who advocates, or has been or is a member, or associated with, any organization, formal or informal, that advocates discrimination, violence, or hatred toward any person based upon their race, nationality, creed, or color, shall be entitled to be a member of IOK. IOK is NOT a militia. IOK is NOT anti-government. IOK is NOT a white-supremacist group. IOK expressly rejects racism in any form.
Indiana Oath Keepers is a grassroots charitable organization whose members include Americans from many backgrounds including veterans, military, law enforcement, fire fighters and first responders, as well as citizens who took an oath to the Constitution of the United States of America. IOK was created to provide education on the Constitution, and to increase the stability and resiliency of our communities by teaching a wide variety of skill sets.
The dedication of our Indiana Oath Keepers members to serve their communities has enabled IOK to:
• Sponsor World War 2 and Korean War veterans on Honor Flights to Washington DC
• Send personnel to assist in disaster relief after hurricanes
• Donate training aids and tourniquets to law enforcement personnel
• Protect a military recruiting office in Fort Wayne, IN that was vulnerable to threats after the Chattanooga, TN shooting
• Distribute pocket US Constitutions to the public at no cost
• Stand in flag lines to honor the service of fallen police officers and fire fighters who lost their lives in the line of duty
• Present steel plasma cut memorials to the families fallen officers and firefighters
As well as provide most of these classes to the public and our members free of charge.
• Food Preservation and Long Term Food Storage
• Family Emergency Plans
• Water Purification (particularly useful after a tornado has leveled a small town)
• Emergency Shelters for extreme cold, and extremely hot weather
• Ham Radio Communications (for when your cell towers have been downed)
• Making your own electricity, via a variety of methods
• Basic First Aid, Stop the Bleed
• Plant Identification and Medicinal Herb-lore
• Foraging for edible foods in the particular climates that we have in Indiana
• And perhaps most importantly, education about the Constitution.
Indiana Oath Keepers members appreciate the charitable gifts we receive that enable IOK volunteers to continue to help strengthen our communities through preparedness and to support the rule of law under our US Constitution. IOK invites you to browse our website for an accurate and more comprehensive understanding of Indiana Oath Keepers.